Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
Bachelor of Arts in Communication, minor in English
Graduated Dec. 2008
chinese community center, houston, texas
July 2018 - present
- Developed and executed Fund Development strategies for marketing, public relations and events
- Oversaw marketing and PR activities for all channels, including website, social media and other printed materials
- Ensured agency-wide implementation of consistent brand guidelines
- Updated and maintained website and social media accounts
- Oversaw staff United Way campaign
- Assisted with implementation and day-to day operations of cultural and outreach projects, including event logistics for Lunar New Year, Gala and other agency events
collaborative for children, houston, texas
Oct. 2016 - July 2018
Created and distributed electronic newsletters and collaborated with staff on message content and use of images/video.
Conducted routine audits to ensure accurate, compelling content was reflected and that the website was user-friendly and informational.
Worked closely with staff in all departments to assure consistency in use of early childhood education language and Collaborative for Children messaging.
Coordinated collateral materials development, editing and printing.
Drafted and edited annual report.
Conducted interviews with clients to create feature stories.
Centerpoint energy, houston, texas
July 2012 - Sept. 2016
Created and organized marketing communications for company sponsored events, including annual United Way campaign, Power Tools for Nonprofits Conference and other companywide fundraisers.
Managed internal message distribution for employee communications from executive leadership and various business units.
Wrote and edited articles for employee newsletters and intranet.
Created and organized Corporate Citizenship Report highlighting 2013, 2014 and 2015 companywide community involvement.
Maintained company intranet in SharePoint 2010 and 2013.
graphic design specialist
Jan. 2009 - July 2012
Collaborated with project managers to design internal communication pieces for companywide events and fundraisers, including T-shirt designs, recognition cards, fliers, posters, brochures, newsletters and web elements.
Created marketing communication materials using brand guidelines for newspaper, magazine and website advertisements.
Organized and coordinated printing with vendors.
- AP Style writing
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Social media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat)
- Macintosh & Windows proficient